30 Minute Ballet Barre

Sunday, July 16, 2017


We have a new follow-along ballet barre video! This one takes about 30 minutes to do and is considered a "warm up barre" to prepare you before a performance. This is also nice to do at home when you need a workout, but don't have a whole lot of time to dedicate to class. Abby explains more about this type of barre:

"A warm up class is going to differ from a typical class in a few ways. When trying to get ready for stage, you need to be extra efficient. Every combination needs to do as much as it can to get every part of the body moving. For me, a typical class will have a theme (maybe working on retire position at barre, then carrying that into turns and pas de chats in the center). In this type of class, I focus on certain muscle groups throughout the whole class in the hopes of making my students feel those muscles the next day (they love me for that, right?). I build my warm up classes, however, to be athletic and to work as many muscles groups as possible throughout the entire class. There is extra stretching and extra balances."

I really love this barre for working at home because it allows me to concentrate on placement and muscle usage. It's also helpful to do every few weeks so I can gauge my progress with stability and balances. I can tell if I'm improving in weak areas when I come back to this and it's either easier or harder. I also love that I get in a good sweat in a short amount of time while not skipping anything important about barre.

Everyone give Abby a big "Thank you!" for the combinations and we also want to thank Sarah Lund for providing the wonderful ballet class music!!

Let us know what you think of this one in the comments here or on YouTube!


Copyright © Ballerinas By Night. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co